Smoke Alarm Saves Man’s Life After Chip Pan Fire

An elderly gentleman was saved after a chip pan caught fire at his address in Albany Street, Goldenhill.

It was reported the bungalow was severely damaged following the fire before Firefighters arrived at the scene before 9.00 p.m. last night.

The gentleman received no injuries, although the bungalows kitchen was badly damaged and the remainder of the building was smoke logged.

Staffordshire Fire and Rescue Service attended the fire with engines coming from nearby Sandyford as well as from Hanley.

The good news for the resident was that the property was fitted with working smoke alarms that alerted him in time to get out of the building, which if not could have had more serious consequences to the outcome.

For more on this story follow the link

http://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/cooker-fire-at-bungalow-on-albany-strreet-in-goldenhill/story-30332764-detail/story.html

Leave a Reply

You can use these HTML tags

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>