What’s Available To Help With Energy Costs?

Households in England, Wales and Scotland will receive a one-off £400 grant from October for their energy bills. This won’t need to be paid back. The previous £200 government loan has been scrapped.

The £400 payment should be debited to your energy account if you pay by credit or direct debit. If you have a prepayment meter you should have the money applied to your meter or you should receive a voucher. You should receive the payment over a six month period.

If you’re renting and the energy account is in your name, the rebate should be debited to your energy account or to your prepaid meter over a six month period. If your landlord deals with your energy bills, it’s worth speaking to them about what happens when they receive the rebate.

You could also receive benefits such as:

  • A £650 payment if you’re on means tested benefits
  • A one-off £300 pensioner cost of living payment
  • A £150 disability cost of living payment

Find out more about cost of living support at GOV.UK.

Leave a Reply

You can use these HTML tags

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>




The reCAPTCHA verification period has expired. Please reload the page.